Wooden homes possess a natural charm (no pun intended) that can make even the most hardcore modernist homeowner rethink his decision to live in stone-steel-glass fortress in the city. After all, at the end of day, we all want to go home to a warm, cozy home that offers relaxation and peace with minimal effort on the homeowner's part.
How does a wooden home do this? Well, wood is a natural insulator--it insulates heat and cold... and noise. In short, living in a wooden home saves you energy and lets you slumber in peace.
In this ideabook, homify gives you 30 different design choices for your dream wooden homes. Scroll down and dream away!
4. Chalet style in dark wood with lighter-hued doors and cottage windows, surrounded by wild foliage.
10. Two-storey log family home with all-glass doors and windows to receive generous amount of sunlight.
17. Resort-style wooden getaway home for extended families and where every space offers true relaxation.
23. Two-storey log home with wooden functional shutters for enduring glass door and window protection.
25. Modern but simple wood-and-glass design for homeowners who love sunlight and unobstructed views of the outdoors.