The firm was founded by Otello Rossini in 1929 in Milan. Otello moved from Murano to Milan and started a little business in a flat in via Melzo. He sold small objects in Murano glass like ashtrays, vases or products that the experienced glassmakers were able to create. As the business increased in 1946, Otello looked for larger premises and decided to move the company in Via Ceradini in a 100 m2 site, where artistic lamps made of Murano glass were produced and sold for the first time.
But it was only at the end of the 1950s that the firm, thanks to the new location in Via Vanzetti and to a 350 m2 storage with a little showroom, increased massively its sales rate, relying on a warehouse with all the articles always in stock. In the late 1960s Otello’s son, Eugenio, who was an architect, succeeded to his father after his death. Eugenio and his cousin Angelo, who was the sales manager, brought a breath of fresh air and new ideas into the business.
The firm produced the first Rossini catalogue: it was just one photo where almost all the 60 products were pictured. At the same time the company introduced new models of lamps that combined the artistic elegance of the Murano glass and the handy structure attained by the Milanese craftsmen. The number of customers increased at a constant pace and expanded at a national level, proving the validity of the new commercial strategy. Rossini Illuminazione was now aiming for all the people involved in the world of lighting: professional figures, shopkeepers, wholesale merchants, retailers and private customers.
A constantly increasing variety of products, a user-friendly catalogue and a warehouse that permitted the immediate delivery of products have been the fundamental elements in the development of Rossini Illuminazione up until today. A company that has fronted different challenges throughout the years, located in Segrate in the suburban area around Milan, in a 8000m2 totally computerized building furnished with 6500 articles in stock, a huge showroom and skilled salesmen prompt to meet all the customers’ needs.
The Rossini catalogue has increased and developed throughout the years, counting now 592 pages and 300.000 copies, and is able to offer a unique range of products, combining decorative and architectural lighting, technical and garden lights. The tradition conceived on its founders’ beliefs united to a vision always aimed at the future have made us front last century and incite us to face the latest challenges of the new millennium.
Live Rossini illuminazione 80 years watching a video available in the download area… The R that lights up your life!
Via Kennedy, 5