Planning to redesign your teenage child’s room? Searching for teen bedroom ideas? You have come to the right place. On homify you will find thousands of stylish teenage room ideas. But before you start taking inspirations from these stunning teen bedroom ideas, take a note of the following:
- Decorate a mind keeping in mind your child’s personality. If you child loves spending time outdoors, then create an atmosphere that gives him that sense of joy by being outdoors even within the four walls of your home.
- Insist on designing a clutter free and healthy interior environment. A clutter free design also helps you to efficiently clean and organise the room at regular intervals.
- Keep your kid’s choices in mind. If your child prefers a particular colour, don’t forget to include it in the colour scheme.
- Indulge in a tête-à-tête with your kid and find out his or her design preferences.
Modern design is considered to be the perfect choice for a kid’s bedroom. It is comfortable and remains true to contemporary architecture. It is easy to buy furniture and other articles of decor for a modern style teen room decor. It is also more cost effective than classical decor which often needs investing in antique or antique style furniture, hardwood flooring and so on.
There are a number of ways to decorate the walls of a teenager’s room. Some of the more popular choices include:
- Designing the walls based on a theme. For example, your child is a nature lover you may choose an earthy colour palette dominated by the shades of brown, beige and green for the interiors.
- You may also choose chic wallpaper and cover the walls with the same. Wallpaper with subtle motifs seems better for modern teen rooms.
- Consider framing a large photograph or canvas painting of your child’s favourite sportsperson or musician and decorate the feature wall with the same. You may choose custom design artwork for this purpose. Canvas paintings, framed fine art prints or laminated posters are highly suitable for this purpose.
- Another option is to frame one of the paintings or illustrations done by your child and decorate the feature wall with it. You may also choose a group of miniatures or ink paintings the same way.
- Consider using one of the images captured by your or your child as photo or mural wallpaper. You may easily do this by visiting one of the local design stores or online wallpaper shops.
- Wall stickers and decals are another way of decorating walls.
- Framed mirrors are timeless. Install one in the space and effortlessly brighten up the interior.
- You may also paint a portion of the wall with chalkboard paint. It is trendy and very suitable for a baby’s room as well as teenager’s room.
A teenage bedroom must have the following articles of furniture.
- A comfortable and stylish bed. If space is inadequate, you may choose a bunk or Trundle bed. You may buy a bunk bed in less than SGD 300. Trundle beds cost around SGD 400.
- A desk to study, creating arts or crafts. You may contact an experienced carpenter to custom build one for your child or buy one by paying around SGD 150. Buy a separate desk for your kid’s laptop or desktop computer or invest in a spacious study table which can be used either ways – studying and net surfing.
- A suitable chair to accompany the study table. To provide extra seating arrangement, place at least two more pouffes or ottomans in the space. Your child would be able to use them when he has his peers at home.
- A wardrobe. You may invest in a complete shelving system with a built-in wardrobe. You should sufficient storage space to store away your child’s clothes, shoes, books, music CDs and DVDs, articles for sports like tennis racquet, balls etc.
You will need to invest in more than one type of lighting in this space.
- Install recessed lighting on the ceiling to properly illuminate the room.
- Have wall mounted reading lamp or bedside lamps with a dimmer.
- Buy a night lamp and install it on the wall behind the headboard.
- To give a interior a chic and decorative feel, you may invest in under bed or under cabinet lighting fixtures.
- For greater energy efficiency, install LED lamps.
Don’t worry too much if you find yourself little short on teen small bedroom ideas. Keep in mind the following points and you would not go wrong while designing a small space.
- Instead of a platform bed, instead in a Trundle bed or sofa bed. You may also buy a divan with storage space. The added storage area will help you create an uncluttered design.
- For the same reason, buy ottomans or pouffes with added storage room.
- Install floating shelves and free up some floor area.
- Instead of a traditional desk, install a wall mounted table which could be folded away when not in use. You also buy a shelving system complete with a study table.